Due to the rise and technology, there are now multiple advancements in the medical field that an individual can take advantage of to improve their health and bodily functions. In terms of the experience of the male body, there is a common phenomenon called Erectile Dysfunction that an individual may face.
When seeking treatments for the problem, several men choose to resort to pills, or other pharmaceuticals, changing one’s lifestyle, such as reducing smoking or increasing exercise, that enable erectile function, thus improving their sexual activity. Another option is for the individual to go through penile implant surgery.
What is penile implant surgery?
The surgery consists of a device implanted into the penis to enable an erection whenever the individual requires it. There are two types available, such as inflatable and non-inflatable options. The first can be activated through pumps that an individual can press before sexual activity to ensure an erection, while the other doesn’t need a pump to extend the penis.
Penile implants are durable for over more than 15 years and can be replaced with another after disuse, wear-and-tear or health complications. Therefore, it is more than essential for an individual to choose the best penile implant doctor to ensure their health and the effect of the surgery.
How to choose the best penile implant doctor?
- Education – Such implants are often conducted by a urologist, an individual who has specialized in procedures involving the urinary tract of the body. They have in-depth knowledge of the reproductive system as well. If one is unsure of how to choose a doctor for themselves, they can refer to the doctor’s educational qualifications and the university that gave them the degree, to ensure the knowledge of the professional.
- Experience – Another important factor to check up on before an individual decides to go with a doctor for the surgery, is whether the doctor has conducted the surgery before and how many times. If the doctor has conducted many surgeries before, then an individual is likely to be more reassured about the procedure. One can also refer to the testimonials of previous patients to check on the reliability of the services being offered.
- Location of the doctor – Since a penile implant surgery may have serious repercussions, it is important to choose a doctor who is available and approachable in the case of emergencies or complications. If the doctor is easily accessible, then the individual does not need to worry about problems of distance and can visit the doctor if they have any doubts or extra consultations before the surgery itself.
- Transparency – An individual should look for doctors who are willing to have open discussions about the risk and benefits that the surgery could have on their health. Being transparent with the patients would likewise encourage a relationship of trust that would drastically improve the comfort of the patient before and during the surgery.
- Financial information – Last but not least, the individual needs to consider a doctor based on the price of the service. Since a penile implant will last for more than 15 years, an individual should consider it as an imperative investment, with multiple options to be weighed out before settling on a final choice.
Most individuals choose to undergo penile implants so that they can experience better sexual activity and can also reap other health benefits simultaneously. By choosing a doctor who they rely on financially and have a credible relationship with, an individual will thus benefit from a more comfortable experience and can be satisfied with the results of the service with the best penile implant doctor.