Your Windows 10 computer could be stuck in a boot loop or display a blue screen of death in any number of circumstances. Any factors, including malfunctioning hardware, virus attacks, corrupted software, and problematic device drivers, could be to blame.
Whatever the cause, a non-booting PC needs to be fixed, or at the very least its data needs to be restored. In this situation, you can get assistance from Windows recovery media or other Recovery Software.
You can quickly boot into your system and repair your unbootable PC by using the Windows 10 Recovery Media. The drawback of using a recovery disc to fix a wrecked or unbootable computer is that it resets your computer to its factory settings.
The later-installed files, software/apps, or applications will be lost forever. So, before using your recovery media to start a computer that won’t boot, always make sure to take a backup of the data on it.
We’ll talk about how to make recovery media in this blog. First, let us talk in brief about the Windows recovery media.
Introduction – Windows Recovery Media
A bootable media drive called Windows Recovery Media stores a copy of the system in its pre-configured factory settings. A USB drive or DVD can be used to generate it.
Windows 8 gives you the option to make a CD or DVD for system repair, whereas Windows 10 allows you to make a USB or DVD for recovery. You can reset and debug your machine using either method.
When System Restore fails, the Windows Recovery Media assists you in reinstalling Windows on your computer. It spares you the effort of getting in touch with the system maker and paying for the repair for the latest Windows license from Microsoft.
Making a recovery disc for a Windows 10 computer also makes the process of installing Windows and device drivers much faster.
Now, let us show you how you can create and set up the recovery media for your system.
Methods to Set Up the Recovery Media
You will require a different external USB drive for this, and it cannot be the one you used to back up the drivers and data.
Also, you need a drive with no vital data because creating installation media would destroy all other data on the drive. For the most recent version of Windows 10, the disc must have a minimum capacity of 8GB.
Here, we’ll go through two efficient ways to make a Windows 10 PC bootable media recovery drive.
Use the Windows Media Creation Tool
Making recovery media with the Windows Media Creation program is the most common method. You can get the Windows Media Creation program from a specific service website that Microsoft maintains.
To generate recovery discs for Windows 10 use the instructions below:
- Connect a freshly formatted or new USB drive to the computer.
- Visit the Microsoft website to get the Windows Media Creation program.
- In the section labeled “Create Windows 10 Installation media,” click the “Download tool now” option.
- It will download a Windows 10 ISO file. Accept the license terms that show on the screen after opening this file.
- Following that, select “Create installation media.”
- Pick Windows 10’s Language, Architecture, and Edition, then click “Next.”
- Once finished, the application will automatically apply the settings that correspond to your present system. You can change these choices whenever you want.
- Click Next after choosing which medium to utilize.
- For the most recent Windows 10 version, choose a USB that has at least 8 GB of space.
- The drive’s contents will all be deleted.
- Utilizing a USB drive with important data on it is not recommended because doing so will completely wipe the drive clean.
- Additionally, avoid producing recovery material on your backup USB device.
- The development of recovery material will begin as soon as you select the USB drive.
- In order to finish the process, let it complete and then click Finish.
Utilize the Create a Recovery Drive Option
You can use the Windows 10 method described here if the computer is fully operational. With the help of this function, you can create a recovery disc that includes the operating system and any programs that came with the first installation.
Therefore, if your system crashes, you can utilize this recovery disc as a backup. To generate recovery discs for Windows 10 use the instructions below:
- To your computer, attach a brand-new or newly formatted thumb drive.
- To launch this tool, go to Start, enter “Create a recovery,” and hit Enter.
- Hit Next once again on the “Create a recovery disc” wizard.
- The wizard will start copying files to the thumb drive once it is ready.
- Click Next after selecting the USB drive.
- The wizard will display a warning before erasing everything from the attached thumb drive.
- To move forward, select “Create.”
- It will start the process of making a recovery media drive.
- Hold off till the procedure is over.
- Once the recovery media is ready, click “Finish” to finish the process.
Also Read: Custom Software: How to Create and Customize the Perfect Solution
In conclusion, the recovery media drive stores a backup of the Windows system on a disc or USB drive that is external to the computer. When System Restore is unable to fix the issue, it helps to reinstall Windows OS on the computer to repair your system. We’ve discussed the best techniques for producing recovery media in this post.